Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Stupid is as stupid does

So...this lady that lives in my hotel...to say she is a drain on the fabrication of America is an understatement! Seriously....her and her husband are high on god knows what 24/7, and they pay their rent with social security checks. She admittedly has "never worked a day in her life," and she smells like fried chicken grease.

Seriously, it's disgusting.

Anyways, my job requires me to engage in somewhat pleasant banter with this woman. Let me also add that anytime I have to touch anything of hers, be it her key, money, whatever...I cover myself in hand sanitizer. Bskldfjslghohgkjh.

She comes in about a week ago and asks if I'm pregnant...."yup." Her response? "You go girl."

Really?

She comes in today and asks me....get this....if I have been to the doctor yet.

Again, really?

I'm over halfway through my pregnancy and you ask me if I have been to the doctor yet? In my head I immediately start to wonder if there are women out there who just...don't go.

Well, before I could even finish the thought she tells me- "my daughter got a frien' dats 9 months and she ain't even been. Says she don' wanna go. She havin stomach cramps n shit. Ain' even been to the em'urgent room or nothin."

This enraged me! How can you subject the child to that!? IT'S NOT FAIR! I mean, I understand there are people out there who don't know they're pregnant...c'mon, TLC has showed us plenty of that...but this girl knows! Okay the cost of it, right? Legitimate concern. Well, I didn't have insurance and guess what, the state is paying for it. I don't see a damn thing wrong with it either! I've been paying taxes since I was 18, and any more kids that we do have, we'll end up paying for.

The moral of this post is...ladies, go to the damn doctor! Make sure you and your baby are being well taken care of, before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment