Tuesday, October 9, 2012

30 years of wedded bliss

Today is my mom and dad's 30th wedding anniversary. :) Wow....30 years! That's such a long time! I'm really proud of them. They've been through so much, especially lately, and are still doing so well. Their relationship has taught me so much about life, love, respect, and trust.

I can't wait to see what the next 30 years has in store for all of us, and I can't wait til I can say that T and I have been together that long. Love is such a beautiful thing. I'm so blessed to have found my soulmate.

I wish I could do more to show them how proud I am that they have made it so far. How do you tell your parents "thanks for sticking it out..." or "thanks for meeting and doing the whole marriage and kids thing..." maybe "great job on beating the odds!"

I joke, but they really are an inspiration. If I'm not mistaking on the number of years, my paternal grandparents, Ginna and Papa were together 68 years when Papa died. Can you imagine all the things they saw in their 68 years together? On their honeymoon, they spent 3 months traveling through Europe. Three freaking months! Can you imagine that kind of honeymoon? Phewww!

Anyways, T and I have a long legacy to live up to. I know we can do it. He's my bestest best friend! I can't imagine spending a day without his crazy ass by my side. I can't wait til our lil sidekick arrives either. :) :) :)



On another note, I feel like dog's ass today. Not overwhelmingly sick in one way or another, just all around crappy. I've been running things all day here by myself, no lunch break or anything. Not that I can't handle it, it would just be nice to get the hell out of here for an hour or so. If the manager comes back at all, I'm thinking I'll ask him if I can just go home early and let him close for the day. I think that's fair.

I will say this, our maintenance guy here at work found a piece of a crack rock when a guest moved out today.






Super classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment