Monday, September 17, 2012

Update on Preston

Hey everyone, about to hit the sac so I thought I'd give a quick update on baby Preston.

My mom spoke with her aunt (Preston's great grandmother) earlier this evening.

Little man has been stable all day!! Like I said earlier, his pupils are responsive and there has been no swelling thus far. He is in stable condition. He was breathing on his own, but it was erratic at times. They put him on a respirator to regulate that.

The doctors did an EEG today. It showed activity in the brain and no signs of seizure!!! This is great, GREAT news!

Around 4 am they are going to start warming his body back up. It is a long process- can take up to 16 hours.

What they will be watching for are fever spikes, infection and brain swelling.

Up 'til now, all the news has been positive. There is still a long road ahead.

My mom is going to the hospital in the morning. She has promised to keep me informed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue to pray for Preston! His Facebook group has over 2000 members. There is a lot of power behind all those prayers! Yours will certainly help, too.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment