Thursday, September 20, 2012

Quick update on Preston

Hey y'all. Just got home from the hospital not too long ago. Wanted to let you guys know about the lil guy.  I'm not gonna lie, I hated seeing him hooked up to all those machines and monitors. However, it is comforting to know that they are doing their job.

He is progressing normally, stable condition. He is "pushing breaths" on his own, but the ventilator is carrying out the action of the breath after that point. Olivia said that if they took him off of it, he would "more than likely" be breathing on his own. They just want it to be more stable before they do anything like that.

His pupils have not been responding today, but he is peeing and pooping on his own. His temp is normal, right at 99*. His color looked good! I honestly didn't expect that. They said it could be another 7-10 days before we know anything conclusive.

My cousin Joseph (Preston's uncle) said last night he tickled his foot and his arm twitched! Olivia said she was reading him a book and had her hand under his. She said he grasped at her finger. That brought tears to my eyes.

I almost fainted while I was in there. I think it was a huge influx of emotions to hit me at once. Olivia is being so so so strong, Julian too. If that were Peanut up there.... I just don't know how they are doing it.

The ora of the whole hospital is just amazing! Everyone is so positive and supportive. It's a beautiful thing. The Children's Hospital of Birmingham is just an inspiring place all around. I was very impressed.

Mom and I had a really good talk today about life and whatnot. I am so lucky to have a mom that I also consider a best friend. It fills me with joy.

I also went and saw Tony's dad and step-mom today. I answered a lot of their questions, I think. I feel like they were actually on the same page as us when I left. That is awesome.



Today was a roller coaster of emotions for me. I am just drained. Thank you guys for reading and taking an interest in what I have to say. It means a ton to me, wether you realize it or not. I ask again that everyone please keep praying for our sweet Preston. Every single word that is lifted up is helping him get one step closer to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment