Monday, September 17, 2012

Prayers for Preston

Sorry for the lack of posting this weekend. It was a bit of a stressful one. I have a favor to ask of all my readers...

My 2 year old cousin Preston was found unresponsive in a pool on Saturday. He had fallen in, and we don't know how long he was underwater.

My family kept him alive until the paramedics arrived. They airlifted him to Children's Hospital in Birmingham, where he remains.

They have him in a medically induced coma, and are keeping his internal temp. below 90*. This is to prevent swelling of the brain. If the brain swells, it can cause serious brain damage.

My brother went to see him yesterday. My family is holding it together the best they can. The doctors are saying he is doing "better than expected."

They will keep him under until Wednesday. At that point, they will gradually begin bringing him off the meds and letting him do his own thing. Then they will assess the brain for damage and go from there.

They are checking his pupils and they are responsive. That's a great sign! Also, he had water in his stomach, but not his lungs. This is another positive sign.


I can't imagine how Julian and Olivia are feeling right now, as parents. Even being pregnant, I can't imagine  what it would do to me (even at this point) if something happened to lil peanut.

I'm asking EVERYONE, no matter what you do or don't believe in, to PLEASE pray for this precious child. Lift up his name and ask for a miracle. We're not ready to send him home, and we believe God has big things in store for little Preston.

If you could, take ten seconds of your time to ask God to place his healing hand on Preston and our family. Every prayer helps! There is also a Facebook group that had been started to keep everyone updated on his condition. Just do a Facebook search for "Prayers for Preston" if you are interested. I will keep everyone updated as I can here in the blog.

Thanks you for your prayers!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment