Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm back!

Sorry about the lack of posting this weekend. We were super busy!

In case you live under a rock, my Alabama Crimson Tide beat the hell out of Michigan this weekend. Roll tide to that! It was a great game and I am very impressed with the way our team played. Just an outright stellar performance. I could blog about the game for hours and hours, but that's not what this blog is about so....moving on...

Like I said, busy busy weekend. T's new job is craaaaazy stressful during football weekends, home or away. It really got to him Saturday. I think it's just because it's new and he doesn't quite know the roads and apartment complexes quite yet. He'll get there.

The best and worst thing about T is that he is a perfectionist. Once he's got something down, he's the absolute best at it. Better than all the rest.

However, when he's trying to learn new things, he gets frustrated too easily. He lets the stress overcome him. That was the case this weekend.

Come Sunday, we had a good system in place. Once we got him all organized, things started coming to him more easily. He has to learn that he can't control the entire business. If things are backed up, that is not his fault.

He just wants everything to be great so he gets good tips. Who can blame him? I feel the same way.

I know, now more than ever, to just be patient with him and let him figure everything out. I can't push him. It has to come in its own time. I have to remember not to let his frustration frustrate me. If I can stay calm, I can keep him calm.

We're a team, we have to support and uplift each other.

I think that is a good lesson to remember when we have a frustrated child. I'm absolutely sure those moments will arise.



Well, the weather is getting dicey. I'll update more later.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment