Monday, August 27, 2012

You find out who your true friends are.

Well, I feel sick today. Beyond just pregnant. I really hope I'm not coming down with anything. I literally can't afford to miss any work. Hmmmph.

I was thinking this morning about my friends different reactions to this pregnancy. Most of them have been wonderfully supportive! That's the best feeling in the world, having such a great support team. It rocks!

On the other hand, I've had 2 friends go completely silent after hearing the news.... And these were both girls I considered to be really good friends! One I've known for almost 6 years, the other since 5th grade.

Granted I told them both over text, but that's just me. I'm not big at talking on the phone. When I do, they are usually 2 hour conversations (which I love) but just random 5 min chats drive me banana sandwich. Both these girls know that about me.

I just don't get it!

I would have rather them say horrible things than nothing at all. Where do I go with that? Are you disappointed? Are you pissed? Are you in shock? What the hell?! Give me something, girl.

I guess that's just a really good way of them telling me they don't want to be friends anymore. That sucks, but that's life.

Instead of getting tore up about it, I'm gonna be thankful for friends like Abby, Courtney, Sarah, Dezi, Michell, Anne and Amy. Those are worth it!

Just a little worthy side note- I've been friends with Anne virtually my entire life. She is getting married in December, and she will have me standing beside her 7 months pregnant in a bridesmaid dress. Now that's a friend! I will also gladly accept my role as DD for the bachelorette party. I know she'd do the same for me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment