Saturday, August 25, 2012

all-the-damn-time sickness

Morning sickness my ass! Good lord was I sick, sick, sick these past few weeks. I mean, my GOD. Morning, noon and night...I was a giant barf bag.

I couldn't feed Lily in the morning without at LEAST gagging. The smell of that Beniful would immediately send me over the edge. God forbid if there was something stinky in the trash. Recipe for disaster.

I'm going to share my crowning jewel of pregnancy sickness, no matter how embarrassing....and it is embarrassing.

My lovely future husband/baby daddy/love of my life surprised me with some rice and shrimp sauce from Tokyo steakhouse. If you live in the Tuscaloosa area and have never eaten there, you are seriously missing out. I had been craving it for weeks, but was eating what we had at the house and saving the money.

When I tell you I inhaled that rice....it was so good! It was by far the most I had eaten in weeks. I have actually, at this point, lost about 15 pounds during my pregnancy. Not too shabby! :) PS. the doctor says this is completely normal and lil peanut is growing like a weed!

We laid down to enjoy a little trashy tv before bed. My stomach felt uneasy, but what else is new.

About 30 minutes later, the rice hit the fan.

I was violently puking. I mean, I threw up so hard, toilet water was hitting my face (and making me throw up more). There was rice on the toilet, the floor, the counter and sink next to the toilet, on the rim of the bathtub...everywhere.
To make matters worse, every time I would gag....I would pee on myself a little.

By the end of it, I was crouched over a puddle of my own pee, gagging, head throbbing, and sobbing my eyes out. I was so embarrassed at myself. I pulled myself over into the bathtub and rinsed off as best I could.

I started cleaning up and Tony stopped me. Told me to get in bed, he'd take care of it.

When he finally got in bed with me, I was still teary-eyed. I said, "I'm so sorry. I've never been that sick before. I'm so embarrassed. I never wanted you to see me like that." He replied, "baby, I don't know what you're talking about." I was confused. I tried elaborating, he stopped me. "Sweetheart, what puke? What pee? I went downstairs to take Lily outside. You must have been in bed the whole time."

He didn't want me to be embarrassed. He loves me that much. Now that, is an amazing man. When I'm hugging the toilet, he's right behind me, rubbing my back and holding my hair. When I need something, he's already got it. Not only is he my best friend, he's the best person I know. Our love is definitely friendship set on fire. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment