Sunday, August 26, 2012

Moms gone WILD!

Okay, last post for the night (most likely). I've been reading a lot of other Mom blogs and websites (mostly things I've come across on Pinterest or from what others are reading on Facebook), and I've come across some great articles, tips and tricks! In my opinion, hearing what has worked/not worked for others is a great way to figure out what may/may not work for you. Take this article on creative disciplining-

21 Creative Consequences | iMOM

In my opinion, she has some pretty great ideas. Most of her "creative consequences" would have worked WONDERS on me as a kid. Seriously, mom would send me to my room where I would pretend to still be crying, all the while building castles with my Legos. Don't get me wrong, my mom would always have "a talk" with me about my behavior after several minutes and 99% of the time I got the point. My Mama has always been really good at making me never, ever want to disappoint her. She can cry harder than I can...

Okay, I'm getting away from the point.

What I'm trying to get at here is the comments other readers are leaving! I mean, my God! You would think that this woman was putting her children in the chokey!
The fact of the matter is that this mom is merely sharing what has worked for her, not holding a gun to your head saying. "send your screaming child out in the backyard or else I will slay you like the beast you are!"

C'mon folks, really?

"The "tip" about running barefoot through dog poop can give the child any number of health conditions that will require medical treatment. Horrible suggestion."

Do you know how many times in my child and adult life I have stepped in poop?! Too many to count. Health conditions? What health conditions? Needing to wash your feet? Geeze...clearly if the child has some sort of open wound, he's not going to be doing yard work in the first place.

"Uhm, my parents never did any of these and I am a straight A student, varsity soccer and basketball player, and very involved with my youth group. Some of these "corrections" will cause children to rebel even more when they get the chance (I.E. when they start driving).But feel free to have the "perfect" child....."

Of course you are sweetie, and you're also probably 15 years old. Your room is probably a mess and you most likely have zero responsibilities. You're the golden child, kid. Your parents don't want to mess up your "right track" so they let you do your thing. Also, if you're a "student" why are you reading a mom blog in the first place? Don't you have a social studies project due? For crying out loud!

Sorry, girl. You're probably wonderful and intelligent. I'm just venting.

The point is, why do we criticize what others say like it's up for amendment into the freaking constitution?! If you don't like it, don't do it. Simple as that. No one is making you read it either! I'm sure there are a million other things on the internet that you can agree with. Go find that and make your day a little better. Getting angry over another person's ideals is like going to Chic-fil-a on a Sunday and being pissed that you forgot they're closed. Get a life and make it constructive!



I hope my blog never turns into my own personal whipping post, because seriously...I'll whip back.

No comments:

Post a Comment