Sunday, August 26, 2012

...and a big 'roll tide' to you


If you know me at all, you know my love for Alabama Crimson Tide Football! It's an obsession I don't try to hide. I was raised with it in my blood, and my child will be raised the same. It's more than just a game, it's passion, it's pride, it's being a champion, everyday. I think more people need to take on the crimson tide mentality.


Anyway, football season is rapidly approaching. ONE WEEK! I'm stoked! This season is gonna be different for us, in more ways than one.

First off, you won't be seeing me with my usual Gameday crown and coke. That's out. I guess I'll be drinking gameday waters! Woooooo.....

I won't be painting the town red crimson Friday and Saturday nights anymore. I mean, I could. Doesn't everyone love a pregnant woman in a bar? Wooooo..... Yeah, right.

I'm sure making the trek up to U3 will be TONS of fun this year. Seriously, that ramp is deadly for normal people, much less pregnant ones! Geeze....

I'll also, and this doesn't just go for gameday, have to start "watching my mouth." Mommy has a bit of a potty mouth, Daddy too. I don't think Peanut can hear us quite yet, but it may be time to start working on it.


Another difference is that Tony picked up a part time job to help us get ahead. It will require him working nights and weekends, but having money is much more important right now that football. Wow, did I really just say that?

I'm really proud of him! I can't express enough how much it means to have a man in your life that will go to any lengths to make sure his family is taken care of. If we have a daughter, I will make damn sure she ends up with a man like her daddy. If we have a son, we will raise him to be just like his daddy. He will not treat women like objects, he will respect them as equals. We will raise our daughters to never settle, and to never let a man make her feel inferior.




This blog is rapidly becoming a sketchbook for my values as a parent. I'm kinda diggin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment