Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's just one of those days...

I feel like complete dog's ass. I am so freaking sick it's ridiculous. I've got the crud. Blahh. I was taking Tylenol cold and sinus and it wasn't doing crap.

Thankfully I had a doctor's appointment today and they informed me that I CAN take sudifed and mucinex! THANK GOD! I may be able to salvage my day after all.

Riley is developing perfectly, says Dr. Bolton. She's sitting high and in front, which is apparently what you want. Her heart rate is 156. Can't beat that!
I have gained about 15 pounds. Blahhhh. I only wanted to gain 10 and I'm probably going to gain more. That. Sucks. Oh well, it's all about keeping the baby healthy so whatever works.

I was supposed to get a flu shot today, but with me having they crud, they want me to wait and stop by sometime next week and have one. I've never had a flu shot before. I'm not a fan of them. I mentioned that and Dr. Bolton said it would be detrimental to the health of the baby if I do get the flu, so I'll just suck it up and get the shot.

Next month, when I'll be in my 3rd trimester (holy crap!), I'll have tests run to check my glucose levels (to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes) and my iron checked. Mom had GD with me, so there is a chance I could have it. The doctor said since I'm not gaining a lot of weight, there is little to no chance I'll have it.

I have to tell on myself. My nipples were hurting to badly that I bought a manual breast pump to get the milk out. I was helping with the pain. Apparently I need to stop that RIGHT NOW because it can cause contractions. Consider it stopped. She said to just find little ways to make the pain less severe- like wearing sports bras, taking showers, blah blah blah. Nothing, I mean NOTHING helps. I'm just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it.

Wahhhhh.

2 comments:

  1. You should look into drying up your milk. I think I remember something about cabbage leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm..... Could that cause problems later, when it's actually time to nurse? Sounds like I have some google homework... :)

      Delete