Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I get by with a little help from my friends.

Hey guys, what up?

Not too much to report here. I've been super busy lately with work and just general life stuff.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I'm so excited to get cooking! We're having the dinner at my brother and sister-in-law's house this year. We're gonna have over 20 people there. Holy cow! It's gonna be a blast though. Can't wait to watch Christmas Vacation with the fam. It's my favorite tradition.

Well, Alabama lost to Texas A&M last Saturday. Gotta say, it hurt. I'm too emotionally invested in football, I know. It's my thing and I don't apologize for it. Roll tide!

I will say that A&M outplayed us the ENTIRE game. That QB they've got is FIERCE. He really deserves to win the Heisman. He's that good.

One thing that pissed me off more than losing the game...the comments other team's fans (particularly Auburn) were posting on facebook. Really? You're gonna laugh at US losing ONE GAME when you've only won TWO the ENTIRE SEASON? One being an OT win to a nothing school, the other being a close game to a non-conference opponent? Grow up. It's sad when the highlight of their season is us losing one game.

We lost one last season, too. Look how bad that turned out....national champs.

Anyways, I'm ranting. My bad.

I had "the crud" all last week. I'm feeling much better. Tomorrow I'm going to stop back by my doctor's office and get my flu shot. I'm also going with mom to ServPro.

They finished cleaning and repairing the contents of our house, and mom wants me there with her. It's going to be emotional to say the least. Maybe I can get a pedicure out of it? :)

Everything else is going extremely well. Work is good, and it's looking like *fingers crossed* my promotion will be coming sooner than later! God, that's such good news. I really, really hope and pray it all works out. We really need this to come through.

I'm at the point with this company that it's shit-or-get-off-the-pot time. If I don't have the promotion, or a definite date for it by the time Riley gets here, I'm going to have to start looking for something else.

The thing of it is, I do like my job. It's very rarely stressful, and I already know 99% of what the promotion will entail. When it is stressful, it's nothing I can't handle. Plus with the promotion, I will be full-time. That means if I get burned out, I can take a vacay! That will make all the difference in the world. Plus my pay will more than double, so I can't be mad at that.

It's just time for everything to go our way. We've had so much stuff go "not as planned," we could really use some positive karma.

At this point, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment