Monday, November 5, 2012

25 things that don't suck about being pregnant

Okay, okay. Enough with the negative, I suppose. Let's list some of the positive things about being knocked up. I'm not promising I'll get to 50, but we'll try. :)

1. The sympathy. It's the BEST. I can blame anything on being pregnant, and get away with it! I try not to take this for granted.

2. I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want it and not get crap for it. Not saying I'm overeating (it only takes 300 extra calories a day to grow a healthy baby), but it's nice to eat cereal for dinner, followed by rainbow sherbet.

3. Feeling her kick. It's amazing to know that's our daughter in there. It's an amazing feeling.

4. Looking and buying all the cute baby gear. I'm addicted to it already!

5. The random gifts! I blogged about this a few weeks ago. It's AWESOME to get random gifts at random times. I'm definitely a fan!

6. Excited friends and family.

7. Seeing my body change.

8. Talking to my daughter and feeling her move when I do.

9. Having a legitimate excuse to get out of ANYTHING.

10. Not having to lift heavy things.

11. Having a future husband who is willing to give me massages whenever I want or need them. He's amazing!

12. My hair is growing super fast!

13. I'm much closer to Tony's family now. We were close before, don't get me wrong, but we have a bond tying us all together now. It's pretty special!

14. The look on Tony's face the first time he saw his baby on the ultrasound monitor.

15. How cute Tony is when he talks to Riley.

16. Deciding how to decorate her (future) room. Pink and grey looks to be the idea!

17. Not being concerned about my weight as much as before. I'm pregnant, it's not the time to be dieting.

18. Coming up with names was SO much fun. I think we came up with the perfect name for our lil peanut.

19. Planning future adventures for our lil family...we're saving our pennies to take Riley to the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade when she's 3. HOW FUN!

20. Deciding what kind of mother I will be. Taking the good and the bad from what Tony and I were both raised with, and deciding what will work best for us.

21. Knowing that no matter what we plan, we're really just going to wing it. I think that's the case with most parents.

22. Being excited that we're still young enough to really have fun with our lil one.

23. Pinning all the cute mommy and baby activities on pinterest. :)

24. Knowing that in a few short months, our lives are going to change forever.

25. Being in love with someone we haven't even met yet <3

No comments:

Post a Comment