Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's almost time!

So here we are....Tomorrow is 40 weeks (but my due date isn't til the 23rd...?)! Anyways, I'm just patiently....or not so patiently... awaiting the contractions. I decided that I'm keeping track of how many times I go to the bathroom today. Since I woke up (2 hours ago), I've already gone 5 times. Tons of fun.

No labor signs yet. I've got a lot of pressure, but no actual contractions. I go back to the doctor in the morning. Last thursday I was a little over 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Pray for progress!

I finished the main painting for Riley's room last night. Gonna hang it today, then all the nursery lacks is the curtains. I hope the lady making them will be done tomorrow. I really want to have everything finished tomorrow at the latest. We'll see.

I'll post pictures of the nursery once it's as close to done as possible. I'm really proud of it. It's turned out super cute! Girly, but not too girly.  Love it!

I started maternity leave on Monday. I got to the point where I just couldn't function at work anymore. I wasn't focused. Plus I've just been really annoyed with the run-around I've been given there. "Oh you're going to be manager in November.....well, definitely December.....Okay we're shooting for the 1st week in January.....how about early May?" WHAT THE F#CK!? So here I am, with no income while I'm out on leave. Awesome. If we weren't living with mom and dad, who knows what we would do. I'm so thankful for them. I need to be more appreciative.

In other news, I've been getting these little bumps on my chest. At first I thought they were just little zits, but they are more like skin tags. My mom said to just use tweezers to pull them off. Ouch. The restless legs have calmed down considerably. That's a plus! I've been trying not to, but my doctor says I can take Benadryl every night if I want to....to help with sleeplessness and restlessness. I'm just not a fan of taking medication if it's not completely necessary. Plus, it makes it harder for me to wake up when I have to pee...so I end up rushing, and usually not making it all the way to the toilet. Awesome...

My feet are SO swollen. Mom keeps telling me we're going to get pedicures...I really need some pampering. My hands are swollen, too. Ughhh. I'm definitely over that.

I got my hair done last Thursday. Our hair dresser came to our house! Sweet. I've been on this red kick lately, but this time it's a little too red. I like it, but not all that much. I wanted it to be darker than this. Oh well, gotta deal with it for now. Maybe I'll just wash it a few more times to see if some of it comes out.

I know I say this just about every blog entry lately, but I'm SO over being pregnant! I'm tired but restless, emotional and annoyed. All I really want to do is lay in bed, eat green apples with crunchy peanut butter, and watch crime dramas all day.

I'll try my best to update tomorrow...that is unless we get sent to the hospital a little early! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment